LibriVox founder Hugh McGuire launched a new audiobook company today. Iambik Audio unveiled 11 new literary fiction audiobooks from indie publishers in the U.S. and Canada, including audiobooks for Gordon Lish and Lydia Millet.
The complete list of new audiobooks follows below. Prices range between $5 and $10 for the individual titles. Iambik Audio titles can be purchased on the website or through distribution partners like Audible, Overdrive, and eMusic.
Here’s more from the release: “Iambik aims to change the way commercial audiobooks are made. For audiobook listeners, Iambik will offer hand-picked collections of audiobooks … with no digital rights management—meaning they can be played on any computer or mobile device. For publishers and authors, Iambik approaches everything as a partnership, by promoting print and ebooks, as well as selling audiobooks, and by giving healthy royalties on all sales.”
* All My Friends Are Superheroes, by Andrew Kaufman (Coach House Books), narrated by Gord Mackenzie
* Castle, by J. Robert Lennon (Graywolf Press), narrated by Mark Nelson
* Century, by Ray Smith (Biblioasis), narrated by Gord Mackenzie
* Collected Fictions (Vol 1 & Vol 2), by Gordon Lish (OR Books), narrated by Gregg Margarite and Gordon Lish
* Edge of Eden, by Helen Benedict (Soho Press), narrated by Ruth Golding
* The Hour, by Bernard de Voto (Tin House Books), narrated by John Greenman
* Icelander, by Dustin Long, (McSweeny’s and Movable Type Literary Group, agents), narrated by Miette
* The Impossibly, by Laird Hunt (Coffee House Press), narrated by Peter Yearsley
* Like Son, by Felicia Luna Lemus (Akashic Books), narrated by Kristin Hughes
* No Lease on Life, by Lynne Tillman (Cursor/Red Lemonade), narrated by Karen Savage
* Oh Pure and Radiant Heart, (Softskull/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Lippincott, Massie, McQuilkin, agents), narrated by Cori Samuel