Novelist J.A. Redmerski took the top spot on our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with The Edge of Never.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, December 3, 2012
1. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski: “With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets.”
2. Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond: “a man and a woman determined to stop their parents from marrying fall in love themselves.”
3. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.”
4. Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis: “Emmy is finding Kyle hard to shake. He is blatant in his feelings and desires for Emmy, putting her in an awkward situation. She tries hard to resist Kyle, but deep down inside Emmy’s motives are shady.”
5. All In by Raine Miller: “Ethan Blackstone has problems. He’s broken the trust of the woman he loves and she’s left him because of it. Ethan isn’t giving up though–he’s determined to get his beautiful American girl back. Their passion together was explosive, but their secrets are even darker and more frightening.”
6. Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde: “Lexi has finally given up her once destructive relationships and moved onto bigger and better things with a sexy new man in town. Just when she is starting to figure it out with him, her world is tilted once again with a phone call from none other than Ramsey Bridges.”
7. Fade into You by Kate Dawes: “Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.”
8. The Proposition by Katie Ashley: “With her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor.”
9. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.”
10. Rock the Heart by Michelle A. Valentine: “good girl Lane has regretted breaking up with Noel Falcon. She thought she was sensible when she told him his dreams of being a rock star would get him nowhere, but now that he’s a rock god and her career is stagnant, she realizes just how wrong she was.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, December 3, 2012
1. DISARM by June Gray
2. BESIEGE by June Gray
3. The Henry Sessions by June Gray
4. RETREAT by June Gray
5. Here by Denise Grover Swank
6. Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde
7. Keepsake by Antoinette Stockenberg
8. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
9. All In by Raine Miller
10. Beloved by Antoinette Stockenberg
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, December 3, 2012
1. Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework by Randolph Lalonde
2. With Everything I Am by Kristen Ashley
3. Into the Hollow by Karina Halle
4. Something in the Wine by Jae
5. Come A Little Bit Closer: The Sullivans by Bella Andre
6. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
7. Settling the Account by Shayne Parkinson
8. Something Like Winter by Jay Bell
9. Space Eldritch by Nathan Shumate
10. Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, November 26, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)