At the Inside Social Apps conference in San Francisco today, Gaia CEO Mike Sego (pictured) introduced attendees to Gaia Online, a popular community and social game site.
Here’s more about the site: “Founded in 2003, Gaia Online has grown into one of the biggest forum communities in the world. Today, Gaia is the best place on the web to discuss anime, games, comics, sci-fi, fantasy and anything else you can imagine. Plus, there are tons of other free features to keep Gaia members permanently amused.”
Below, we’ve collected five ways young writers can explore this community site where users operate digital avatars.
5 Ways Writers Can Explore Gaia Online
1. Writers Forum: a place to talk about books, share stories, publish fan fiction and promote your work.
2. Writing Arena: a place where writers post fiction, nonfiction and poetry commentary.
3. Comic creators corner: An art discussion board dedicated to comic books.
4. Attend a real life event: “Drop in for Gaia Panels and Game Shows where you can voice your opinions, compete in contests and get sneak-peeks and exclusive items!”
5. Search for book-related merchandise for your avatar in the Gaia Marketplace.