After declaring bankruptcy this year, Borders transferred support for its eBook app and eBookstore to Kobo. If you have a Borders eBook library, you need to make the quick and easy transfer.
Below, we’ve linked to the simple steps to transfer your library.
Today Kobo released a statement about Borders impending liquidation. Here’s an excerpt: “While Borders is one of the early investors in Kobo, it holds only a minority stake in Kobo, approximately 11 percent … Borders serves as part of Kobo’s distribution in the U.S. along with Best Buy, Walmart, Sears and other top retailers. Kobo does not rely on Borders for content. Kobo owns the publishing agreements and has direct relationships with all major publishers, including Random House, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, St. Martin’s Press and many more. Kobo is solely responsible for payment to publishers for eBooks sold through the Kobo platform and publishers will continue to be paid on time as usual.”
1. If you don’t have one already, click here open a new Kobo account.
2. Follow this link to begin the eBook library transfer process.
3. Enter your login information for Borders.
4. Enter your information for your Kobo account.
5. Kobo will transfer your library in a “Partner Migration.”
Editor’s Note: This post has been updated as the story evolved.