Happy Book Lovers Day!
According to Holiday Insights, the holiday is listed on two dates, but a “vast majority of sites list it on August 9th. A smaller number of sites have it recorded on the first Saturday in November.”
How will you celebrate? Below, we’ve created a list of five suggestions. (Photo Credit: brewbooks)
1. Visit your favorite bookstore (armed with a sturdy tote bag) and splurge on a shopping spree.
2. Go to the library and borrow a stack of books to read at a favorite spot such as a reading nook or a quiet park.
3. Watch (if you haven’t already) the Academy Award-winning short film, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.
4. Host a themed party paying homage to your favorite book. Jane Austen fans could throw a Pride & Prejudice tea party complete with costumes and decorations.
5. Head to the nearest author museum. Massachusetts residents who stop by the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art today will see exhibits spotlighting on the work of Mo Willems, Robert R. Zakanitch, and Eric Carle himself.