H.M. Ward’s latest novel The Arrangement 14 (The Ferro Family) has debuted on the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 25, 2014
1. The Arrangement 14 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward: “Sean Ferro is a liar. Everything he’s ever told me melts away until only the truth remains and I don’t like what I see. Gabe tried to warn me, but I didn’t understand the depths of Sean’s corruption until he let them take me away. After everything we’ve been through, I’m crushed, but I refuse to accept this fate. Screw that, I’m not dying tonight.”
2. The Ex Games by J.S. Cooper: “Handsome billionaire, Brandon Hastings was Katie Raymond’s first love. They had a whirlwind romance that captivated her heart and took her on a sexual journey she never wanted to end. Their future together looked bright until Brandon found out that Katie was keeping a huge secret from him. Once he realized the truth, he broke her heart and she never saw him again.”
3. A Month at the Shore by Antoinette Stockenberg: “Kendall Barclay III was a skinny, nerdy kid when he single-handedly took on a gang of bullies assaulting Laura Shore, a thirteen-year-old girl from the town’s most notorious family. The childhood trauma became one more reason for Laura to flee the small Cape Cod town for the opposite coast and make a name for herself there. But now her tyrannical father is dead, her murderous uncle as well, and her beloved sister Corinne wants Laura and their black-sheep brother to come home and restore Shore Gardens, the family nursery fallen to rack and ruin, back to its former charm.”
4. The Ex Games 2 by J.S. Cooper: “Seven years ago, Brandon Hastings and Katie Raymond had a relationship that other couples envied. They loved each other more than anything, but one lie ruined their relationship forever. Now, Brandon is the CEO of the company that Katie works for and she is finding it hard to be around him without wanting to touch him and be touched by him. Katie gives in to one moment of weakness with Brandon, and he reveals a secret that breaks her heart once again.”
5. Riding Desire: Alpha Bad Boy Boxed Set: “14 Romance Books, 14 Bestselling Authors, 1 Fierce Savings* (love story, contemporary romance, alpha males, heroes, sexy romance, bad boys, falling in love, bikers, rock stars)”
6. The Private Club by J.S. Cooper: “When Meg Riley lost her job as an attorney, she never thought she’d end up working for a private club. But when she met the handsome and elusive, Greyson Twining, she knew she couldn’t turn the job down; even though she didn’t really know what the position entailed. Greyson Twining is the owner of the private club and he knows that it’s a mistake to hire, Meg. However, there is something about the way she smiles at him that makes him forget his own reservations. And then there’s the call from, Brandon Hastings telling him not to hire Meg. A call he should have listened to more closely.”
7. The Ex Games 3 by J.S. Cooper: “ What other secret is Brandon hiding? Seven years ago, Katie Raymond made a mistake that cost her the love of her life. Now, Brandon Hastings is back in her life and it seems like he is determined to make her pay for her previous mistakes.”
8. Rescued by Priscilla West: “Lorrie’s semester started off hopeful but ended in disaster. Now, she’s even more lost and confused than she was at the beginning of the year. As Lorrie flees to the only family she has left, she has to come to terms with how things ended with Hunter. Hunter has fought for so long to keep the truth from Lorrie in an effort to protect her, but that has only caused more heartache and pain. Realizing his mistake, Hunter has made a vow to get Lorrie back, but is it too late?”
9. The Private Club 2 by J.S. Cooper: “Meg had no idea what she was getting herself into when she accepted a job at the Private Club. She also hadn’t planned on meeting a man like, Greyson Twining. A man who’s handsome devilish looks made her forget her principles and her mind. When Meg realizes that there is a lot more going on at the Private Club then she had ever imagined, she decides to stick around to try and figure out exactly what’s going on. Only she never imagined that the truth could be so deadly and worrying.”
10. Wrecked by Priscilla West: “Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide. The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive. Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to ‘normal.'”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of February 25, 2013