The New York Times has released its “10 best books of 2013” list. The list includes five works of nonfiction and five works of fiction.
We’ve collected free samples of all the books on the list for your reading pleasure after the jump.
To check out free samples of The Washington Post‘s best books of the year, follow this link.
1. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
3. The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
4. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
5. Tenth of December by George Saunders
1. After the Music Stopped by Alan S. Blinder
2. Days of Fire by Peter Baker
3. Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink
4. The Sleepwalkers by Christopher Clark
5. Wave by Sonali Deraniyagala