Forever Black (Forever Trilogy #1) by Sandi Lynn has debuted at No. 1 on the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 5, 2014
1. Forever Black (Forever Trilogy #1) by Sandi Lynn: “When Ellery moved to New York with her boyfriend, she thought they’d live happily ever after in their small New York apartment. She never thought he’d pack his bags and leave because he “needed space.” With her newfound single status and fear of being alone, Ellery buries herself in her artwork and paintings until one night she helps a mysterious intoxicated stranger get home safely. Little did she know the mysterious stranger is none other than CEO and millionaire Connor Black.”
2. The Private Club 3 by J.S. Cooper: “What is the Private Club? When Meg Riley accepted a job at the Private Club she didn’t expect to be thrown into a world of deception and lust. She doesn’t know who she can trust, but that doesn’t stop her from falling for Greyson Twining. Greyson Twining is the handsome owner of the club. He is charismatic, alluring and way out of her league. While his smile sets her heart on fire, everything else about him makes her want to run away.”
3. The Arrangement 14 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward: “Sean Ferro is a liar. Everything he’s ever told me melts away until only the truth remains and I don’t like what I see. Gabe tried to warn me, but I didn’t understand the depths of Sean’s corruption until he let them take me away. After everything we’ve been through, I’m crushed, but I refuse to accept this fate. Screw that, I’m not dying tonight.”
4. This Regret by Victoria Ashley: “Phoenix has been stumbling through life since her brother Adric’s tragic death but after eight years, she is finally piecing what remains together. She has a nice apartment, a steady job and not to mention a fresh new ‘relationship’ with her childhood friend, Kade Haze. He’s the sexy boy next door she never even dreamed of falling for, but can’t seem to stop the pull she feels toward him.”
5. Breathe: A Novel by Lisa T. Bergren: “Embark on this western epic in Book One of the Homeward Trilogy. It’s Colorado, 1883. A publishing heiress is on the brink of life and death. Her beautiful younger sister is called to the forbidden stage. Her brother and troubled guardian is raging inside. A veiled treasure map leads to a hidden silver mine while a threatening villain hovers in the shadows. And a hero is bent on saving his bride.”
6. The Private Club by J.S. Cooper: “When Meg Riley lost her job as an attorney, she never thought she’d end up working for a private club. But when she met the handsome and elusive, Greyson Twining, she knew she couldn’t turn the job down; even though she didn’t really know what the position entailed. Greyson Twining is the owner of the private club and he knows that it’s a mistake to hire, Meg. However, there is something about the way she smiles at him that makes him forget his own reservations. And then there’s the call from, Brandon Hastings telling him not to hire Meg. A call he should have listened to more closely.”
7. Toxic (The Ruin Series Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken: “Everyone has a secret… Gabe Hyde is on borrowed time. He’s been hiding his identity for over four years-hidden from the world that used to adore him–obsess over him–driven to the edge of insanity by one poor choice. But that one choice, altered the course of his life forever.”
8. The Ex Games by J.S. Cooper: “Handsome billionaire, Brandon Hastings was Katie Raymond’s first love. They had a whirlwind romance that captivated her heart and took her on a sexual journey she never wanted to end. Their future together looked bright until Brandon found out that Katie was keeping a huge secret from him. Once he realized the truth, he broke her heart and she never saw him again.”
9. The Private Club 2 by J.S. Cooper: “Meg had no idea what she was getting herself into when she accepted a job at the Private Club. She also hadn’t planned on meeting a man like, Greyson Twining. A man who’s handsome devilish looks made her forget her principles and her mind. When Meg realizes that there is a lot more going on at the Private Club then she had ever imagined, she decides to stick around to try and figure out exactly what’s going on. Only she never imagined that the truth could be so deadly and worrying.”
10. The Atlantis Gene: A Thriller by A.G. Riddle: “The Immari are good at keeping secrets. For 2,000 years, they’ve hidden the truth about human evolution. They’ve also searched for an ancient enemy–a threat that could wipe out the human race. Now the search is over. Off the coast of Antarctica, a research vessel discovers a mysterious structure buried deep in an iceberg. It has been there for thousands of years, and something is guarding it. As the Immari rush to execute their plan, a brilliant geneticist makes a discovery that could change everything.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 5, 2013