Amid a chart packed with erotica and romance, novelist Ray Gorham cracked our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with a $1.99 thriller about an electromagnetic pulse attack (EMP) on the United States.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 8, 2012
1. Down to You by M. Leighton: “Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him.”
2. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young: “Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.”
3. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.”
4. Longing for Love by Marie Force: “Tiffany Sturgil steals the spotlight in Longing for Love as her new boutique Naughty & Nice opens in downtown Gansett, right in time for the annual spring Race Week festivities.”
5. Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts: “Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance.”
6. White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert: “Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner.”
7. 77 Days in September by Ray Gorham: “Kyle Tait is settling in for his flight home to Montana when a single nuclear bomb is detonated 300 miles above the heart of America. The blast, an Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP), destroys every electrical device in the country, and results in the crippling of the power grid, the shutting down of modern communications, and bringing to a halt most forms of transportation.”
8. License to Thrill by Stephanie Bond: “He wasn’t the man she wanted to trust…but when the stakes turn deadly, it’s nice to have a hard body between her and trouble!”
9. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond: “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!”
10. The Wild Ones by M. Leighton: “Cami Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life & her future. But that was before she met Patrick Henley.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 8, 2012
1. His Every Move by Kelly Favor
2. Emily’s Ghost by Antoinette Stockenberg
3. Down to You by M. Leighton
4. Time After Time by Antoinette Stockenberg
5. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
6. When Wishes Collide by Barbara Freethy
7. No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn
8. Safe Harbor by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
10. White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 8, 2012
1. Ancestor Grove: Theirs is the Vision by Peg Elliott Mayo
2. Little Tyler by Jo-Anne Sieppert
3. Oh Sh**! by Suze Appleton
4. Midnight Falls: The Beginning by Lizzy Stevens
5. Murder at the Dolphin Inn by Caroline Miller
6. Sojourner by Loran Daniels
7. Rachael’s Legacy by Pat Mestern
8. When a Stranger Arrives by Dale Bavin
9. Georgiana Darcy’s Diary: Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice continued by Anna Elliott
10. Tangled by Uc Amalu
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, October 8, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)