To celebrate the upcoming 60th anniversary of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, Simon & Schuster is hosting a jacket design contest for the classic science fiction novel about book burning. We’ve included a copy of the current cover inside this post.
The publisher recently extended the contest deadline, so you have until December 7th to submit. The competition is already strong–you can see some of the submissions at this Tumblr page.
The winner will get $1,500 and see their design on the cover of the first print run of 2013 anniversary edition.
Here are a few more details about the contest, but follow this link to see the official rules:
• The Submission must be in jpeg format.
• The Submission must be in English.
• The Submission must be an original jacket design for the 60th anniversary edition of the classic novel, FAHRENHEIT 451, by Ray Bradbury.
• You may submit up to three (3) entries. Submissions must be different and not substantially similar.
• Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older as of date of entry.