Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst has climbed the Smashwords section of our Self Published Bestsellers List, the only children’s book to ever crack our list.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of June 17, 2013
1. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines: “Rush promised her forever… but promises can be broken. Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.”
2. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
3. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
4. Before Now by Cheryl McIntyre: “Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn’t always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again.”
5. Beauty from Surrender by Georgia Cates: “How do you move on when he’s every song you sing? After Laurelyn Prescott walks away from the love of her life, she returns to Nashville to pursue the only dream she has left.”
6. Delayed Penalty by Shey Stahl: “I am Evan Masen, a hockey player for the NHL. I spend my nights roughing up two hundred pound defensemen and spend more time in the penalty box than I do on the ice … One night changes everything I thought I once knew about my life on the ice.”
7. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines: “To want what you’re not supposed to have… She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather’s daughter. She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.”
8. Beauty From Pain by Georgia Cates: “Jack McLachlan is a winemaking magnate and easily one of Australia’s most eligible bachelors. His success and wealth makes him no stranger to the complications of romantic relationships and that’s why he goes to extreme measures to avoid the hassle.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of June 17, 2013
1. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
10. The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of June 17, 2013
1. Beauty from Surrender by Georgia Cates
3. Salvation by Erica Stevens
4. Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker
5. Elysian by Addison Moore
6. A Fair Prospect: Desperate Measures by Cassandra Grafton
7. Tales of the Were: Grif by Bianca D’Arc
9. Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of June 17, 2013
1. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
2. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
3. Forever You by Sandi Lynn
4. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart
7. Lily’s Mistake by Pamela Ann
8. Mine For Tonight / Mine For Now / Mine Forever / Mine Completely by J. S. Scott
9. Let Me Love You by Morgan Rayne
10. Salvation by Erica Stevens
These four eBook lists were recorded on June 17, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.