If you have a Kobo eReading device or a Kobo eReading app for your device, you can buy eBooks through your favorite independent bookstore.
Periodically, we like to remind our readers that they can buy digital books and support their local indie book-shop at the same time.
Below, we’ve collected steps on how to buy eBooks from an indie bookstore.
How To Buy eBooks Through Your Local Bookstore with Kobo
1. Visit the list of bookstores participating in the Kobo eReading program and find your local independent bookseller.
2. Find the Kobo eBook catalog search bar on your favorite indie bookstore’s site.
3. Find the digital book you want to buy & click the buy button.
4. This will take you to Kobo’s website, where the actual transaction will occur. Every independent bookstore has its own storefront.
5. Log into your Kobo account (or create a new one) so you can make a purchase.
6. Download the Kobo eReading app for your device or check your Kobo eReader to start reading…
Here are some QR Code Tools for Booksellers, Authors & Publishers–easy ways to share digital books.
Green Apple Books co-owner Pete Mulvihill also shared tips on how How Independent Bookstores Can Use eBooks.