Abducted by T.R. Ragan leads Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 29, 2014
1. Abducted by T.R. Ragan: “When Lizzy Gardner was only seventeen, what should have been the perfect night became the perfect nightmare. Kidnapped just blocks from home after a romantic evening with her boyfriend, Jared, she woke up to find herself at the mercy of a depraved serial killer. Imprisoned and tormented for months by the maniac she came to know as Spiderman, Lizzy narrowly escaped, the only one of his victims to survive. But Spiderman escaped too, outwitting police and cursing Lizzy to spend her life looking over her shoulder…”
2. Climax by Sexxa Kohl: “If you’d asked me what I thought I’d be doing at twenty-two, it certainly wouldn’t be taking my clothes off for complete strangers. The world sees me as a whore and a worthless piece of trash. No one would ever believe that I am still a virgin, waiting to find love. I think I can easily say that I don’t think love is ever going to be finding me at Club Climax.”
3. Asher by Jo Raven: “Almost three years ago, a car crash took Audrey’s dad and scarred her for life. Now eighteen, she returns to her hometown for the first time after the accident. She’s here to start again. Go to college and have fun. Make new friends. Get over the past.”
4. Why Me? by Sarah Burleton: “In the blink of an eye, Mom ran up behind me and pushed me into the fence. Instinctively, I reached out my arms to stop my fall and ended up grabbing the live fence. My hands clamped around the thin wires, and my body collapsed to the ground as the electricity coursed through it. I opened my eyes and saw my mother standing over me with the strangest smile on her face. “Oh, my God, I’m going to die!” I thought in panic.”
5. Too Perfect by Julie Ortolon: “Maddy, Christine and Amy are thrilled that their old college suite-mate has written a bestselling book, How to Have the Perfect Life—until they realize she used them as examples of how women let fear screw up their lives. The worst part is…it’s sort of true. Together they make a pact: they each have one year to face down their fears—and maybe show Miss Perfect a thing or two!”
6. The Atlantis World by A.G. Riddle: “Northern Morocco: Dr. Kate Warner cured a global pandemic, and she thought she could cure herself. She was wrong. And she was wrong about the scope of the Atlantis conspiracy. Humanity faces a new threat, an enemy beyond imagination. With her own time running out and the utter collapse of human civilization looming, a new hope arrives: a signal from a potential ally.”
7. The St. Paul Conspiracy by Roger Stelljes: “New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Roger Stelljes, delivers an action packed story that is the 1st full length novel in the McRyan Mystery Series. Stelljes’ vivid characters, his gift for GRITTY and REAL DIALOGUE (slang, jargon, behind the scenes dialog), as well as his uncanny sense of place and time, will put you in the middle of the action allowing you to feel the desperation of Mac McRyan and his fellow detectives.”
8. Reasonable Doubt 2 by Whitney Garcia Williams: “She lied to me…She betrayed the one rule that I’m most adamant about: Honesty. Complete and utter fucking honesty. I really wish she was someone else—someone who didn’t have the ability to make me feel, someone I could easily discard like the hundreds of women before her. She isn’t.”
9. Pulse by Deborah Bladon: “Jessica Roth dumped her boyfriend, moved to New York and wanted desperately to start her new life off with a bang – a literal mind-blowing, soul-shaking night of pure, raw, memory making sex. She thought her one time chance encounter with attorney, Nathan Moore, in a hotel room would become a jumping point for her exciting, single and adventurous life in the city.”
10. Dragon’s Lair by Chantal Fernando: “When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid. Or should I say, someone? Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in. I’m a law student. They’re criminals. He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother. And I’m screwed.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 29, 2014