A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest continues to lead the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 28, 2016
1. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
2. Leighann Dobbs Cozy Mystery Collection by Leighann Dobbs: “From the culinary capers of Lexy Baker and her posse of amateur sleuth grandma’s to the ghosts and mystical cats of Mystic Notch to the four magical Blackmoore sisters of Noquitt Maine to the traditional mysteries of retired police consultants Claire Watkins and Dominic Benedetti on Mooseamuck Island.”
3. The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland: “The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room. It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster. The famed quarterback decided to bare all. And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.”
4. Just This Once by Jill Gregory: “Sailing from the saloons of the American West to the glittering salons of Victorian England, a charming pickpocket is forced into a marriage bargain by a steely Earl determined to fulfill the terms of his father’s will — only to discover that her pretend marriage is beginning to feel all too real.”
5. A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest: “Having been delighted by the bestselling debut, A Shade of Vampire, readers are begging for more. In A Shade of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…”
6. A Shade of Vampire 3: A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest: “What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin…Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.”
7. No Time to Run by J.D. Trafford: “Michael Collins burned his suits and ties in a beautiful bonfire before leaving New York and taking up residence at Hut No. 7 in a run-down Mexican resort. He dropped-out, giving up a future of billable hours and big law firm paychecks. But, there are millions of dollars missing from a client’s account and a lot of people who want Michael Collins to come back.”
8. A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light by Bella Forrest: “Since the implosion at The Oasis and Derek’s stay at Hawk Headquarters, The Shade has fallen into a state of utter chaos. To make matters worse, the citizens of Derek’s kingdom have become suspicious of his loyalties and accuse him of siding with the enemy… At a time when Derek desperately needs full cooperation from his subjects, they wish to put their own King on trial.”
9. The Atlantis Gene by A.G. Riddle: “Read the novel that started it all: The Atlantis Gene is the first book in A.G. Riddle’s bestselling Origin Mystery trilogy, which has sold OVER ONE MILLION COPIES, is being translated into eighteen languages, and is in development to be a major motion picture!”
10. A Shade of Vampire 5 by Bella Forrest: “Ever since his brief encounter with Emilia at The Shade, Derek’s thoughts and dreams have been haunted with images of the mysterious, beautiful brunette. Plagued with guilt, he struggles to understand why he is so drawn to this dark stranger from his past.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 28, 2015