At Mediabistro’s Socialize West conference last week, InfiniGraph CEO Chase McMichael offered some simple advice to improve your Facebook page.
His advice focused on some common problems that affect publishers, authors and readers on Facebook.
1. Make a Facebook landing page. Users with a specific landing page (instead of a regular Facebook wall page) generate 44 percent more engagement with Facebook users. Follow this link to learn how to make a landing page.
2. Don’t focus on Facebook “likes.” Focus on how many people come back to your site after they click “like.”
3. Don’t pipe your Twitter feed straight into your Facebook page. Only put the most popular and engaging content on your Facebook page.
4. Don’t throw contests to get thousands of Facebook “likes.” This kind of “likes” create an artificial audience. Most of these readers will never come back.
5. Weekends are the best time to post content on Facebook. Take the most popular issue among your readers during the week and pose a question about it on Facebook on Saturday or Sunday.