The longlist for the 2016 Man Booker Prize for Fiction has been revealed. Check out the full list of 13 finalists below.
This is the first longlist to come out since the prize teamed up with the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize and is now awarded annually on the basis of a single book. The £50,000 prize will be divided equally between the author of the winning book and its translator.
The shortlist will be announced April 14. The winning book will be announced on May 16 at London’s V & A.
2016 MAN BOOKER PRIZE LONGLIST
- José Eduardo Agualusa, A General Theory of Oblivion
- Elena Ferrante, The Story of the Lost Child
- Han Kang, The Vegetarian
- Maylis de Kerangal, Mend the Living
- Eka Kurniawan, Man Tiger
- Yan Lianke, The Four Books
- Fiston Mwanza Mujila, Tram 83
- Raduan Nassar, A Cup of Rage
- Marie NDiaye, Ladivine
- Kenzaburō Ōe, Death by Water
- Aki Ollikainen, White Hunger
- Orhan Pamuk, A Strangeness in My Mind
- Robert Seethaler, A Whole Life