USC’s Annenberg School of Journalism announced the recipients of this year’s Getty Arts Journalism Fellowhips this week. The winners are all fellowship alumni and will combine efforts on a pop-up newsroom called Engine29. Fellows will publish work on Engine29.org during the week of Nov. 4 to 13–corresponding with the arrival of the Getty’s Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A. 1945-1980 exhibit. Annenberg already experimented with the pop-up newsroom model earlier this year, with its Engine28 project to cover the blizzard of theater festivals that arrived in Los Angeles this summer.
Los Angeles freelancer Ariel Swartley and LA Times pop music critic Randall Roberts are LA’s representatives to the Engine29 team.
Update: Duh, GOOD’s Alissa Walker is from LA too. Sorry we missed you Alissa.
Full list of fellows after the jump.
- Joshua Samuel Brown – Author and photographer, Lonely Planet/BBC
- Laura Emerick – Arts Editor, Chicago Sun-Times
- Sara Fishko – Producer and host of culture series, “Fishko Files,” WNYC radio
- Celeste Headlee – Co-host of “The Takeaway” for WNYC and PRI
- Rick Holter – Supervising Senior Editor, NPR’s weekend “All Things Considered”
- Jennifer Hsu – Video journalist and producer, WNYC’s online arts portal
- Carol Kino – Regular freelance contributor, The New York Times and Art Economist
- Kim Levin – Independent art critic and curator; author, Beyond Modernism
- Edward Lifson – Former bureau chief, reporter for NPR; USC architecture professor
- Alison MacAdam – Senior Editor, NPR’s “All Things Considered”
- Doug MacCash – Art Critic, The Times-Picayune, New Orleans
- Peggy McGlone – Arts industry reporter, The Star-Ledger and NJ.com
- Carolina A. Miranda – Regular contributor, NY Public Radio; freelance for Time, ARTnews
- Laszlo Molnar – Music and Drama Editor TV, Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation
- Nekesa Mumbi Moody – Music Editor, The Associated Press
- olufunke moses – Music and arts regular freelance writer, Creative Loafing
- Kevin Nance – Arts freelance writer and contributing editor, Poets & Writers
- Michael Norman – Online Arts and Entertainment Editor, Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Andrew Patner – Critic-at-Large, WFMT; classical music critic, Chicago Sun-Times
- Ryan Pearson – TV producer and entertainment reporter, The Associated Press
- Gillian Rennie – Editor of Cue, South Africa’s daily for National Arts Festival
- Randall Roberts – Pop music critic, Los Angeles Times
- Michele Siegel – Producer, public radio’s “Studio 360,” WNYC and PRI
- Ariel Swartley – Freelance culture writer, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Times, The New York Times
- Neda Ulaby – Art, entertainment and cultural trend reporter, NPR Arts Desk
- Alissa Walker – Freelance design and architecture writer, GOOD, Fast Company
- Matthew Westwood – Arts correspondent, The Australian
- Douglas Wolk – Pop music and comic books freelance writer, TIME, The New York Times