For the eighth consecutive year, the New York Yankees are calling WWOR/Channel 9 their over-the-air home. Yankee fans will see 21 games during the season on the Fox-owned station.
In making the announcement, WWOR general manager Lew Leone said, “We are proud to continue our partnership with the YES Network as we work together to deliver another exciting broadcast season of Yankees baseball to tri-state viewers.”
Among the highlights of the 2012 Channel 9 schedule:
- The first broadcast is April 10 at the Baltimore Orioles
- The first home game is May 18 against the Cincinnati Reds
- Two Mets games: June 8— at Yankee Stadium; June 22 at CitiField
- Two Red Sox games: August 17 at Yankee Stadium; September 11 at Fenway Park
- Final broadcast: September 25 at Minnesota Twins
“YES has enjoyed a very productive relationship with WWOR over the years, and Yankees fans will benefit from the continuity this deal brings,” said John J. Filippelli, president of production and programming at the YES Network.