The New York Jets attempted to reach their first Super Bowl in 42 years. Fans were glued to the screen for Sunday’s AFC Championship game between the Jets and Steelers. As you’d expect, it was without rival in being the number one prime time program for the week.
An estimated 5 million people watched on WCBS with a staggering 24.7 rating.
However, once the Jets’ second-half rally fell short, viewers left the post-game show in droves. It still took number two, but lost more than half of its audience (2.3 million/11.7).
American Idol returned to WNYW for its 10th season. The two-hour debut was third for the week (2.2 million/11.1), while the second night was fourth (2 million/9.8).
More from the Top 10 after the jump.
Rounding out the Top 10
- 5th Hawaii Five-0 WCBS (1.2 million/6.3)
- 6th NCIS WCBS (1.1 million/5.8)
- 7th* Jersey Shore (January 20) MTV (1.1 million/5.5)
- 7th* Jersey Shore (January 17) MTV (1.1 million/5.5)
- 9th Modern Family WABC (1 million/5.3)
- 10th Two and a Half Men WABC (1 million/5.2)
Fox 5 News at 10 cracked the Top 20 on January 19 (694,000/3.4).
WNBC only had two shows register in the Top 30, the highest was new drama Harry’s Law at number 26 (621,000/3.1).