Good storytellers are hard to find, but good storytellers with multimedia skills are golden. Learn how to translate news stories into fascinating multimedia packages. We’ll take a look at the best multimedia news stories on the Web and get a feel for how photos, audio and video can enhance the written word.
WHEN: 4 sessions, 9/27 – 10/18. Online chats Thursdays, 9-10 pm ET
PRICE: $350 (or $325 for AvantGuild members)
Seats are limited. Register now!
Instructor Darragh Worland is a multi-platform journalist who has worked for major news media in print at Metro and the New York Sun, in television at ABC News, Reuters Video News and NY1, and for the Web at Foxnews.com and NY1.com, where she has written both news and features.
You’ll need an audio/voice recorder, a digital camera, the capability to record video, and a computer with enough speed and space to download some software.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Understand what makes an effective multimedia package
- Organize your story into a complete package
- Shoot video for the Web
- Make an audio slideshow
- Determine where to get free and/or cheap online software to create an at-home studio
- Build a multimedia portfolio on a blog to show off your work
By the end of class, you will have:
A complete multimedia story package published on a blog showcasing your work.
The online classroom has several components:
- Lessons: Access weekly lectures.
- Homework: Share your work and receive instructor feedback.
- Discussion: Exchange resources and ask questions via discussion forum.
- Chat: Join a weekly group discussion via instant message. Transcripts are available if you can’t participate.
Seating is limited. Save your spot and register today.