The votes are in, and it appears Maria Bartiromo‘s “Money Honey” fears weren’t so irrational after all. Ladies and gentleman, your new “money honey”: Squawk Box co-anchor Becky Quick.
Some fun facts about Ms. Quick — she’s 34, a Wall Street Journal vet and Rutgers University grad (class of ’93, Poli-Sci major). Quick was even editor-in-chief of the Daily Targum, Rutgers’ student newspaper. She joined CNBC in 2001. She even has a fan site maintained by “fans of Becky Quick, and most of us have never even met her.”
But Quick wasn’t the only “money honey” candidate to garner praise. Some anonymous commentary:
- Sue Herrera: Dark smoldering eyes of a woman who knows how to watch her money!
- Michelle Caruso Cabrera is cuter than all of them. Plus she has a brain and speaks foreign languages and does REAL reporting, Like she’s been to Cuba and Iraq and such places. Head and shoulders above the other tube heads.
- Liz Claman: If you only knew what she looked like before she got married and had children … OMG.
- I have been an avid fan of Becky’s for a very long time. She is without a doubt, the TRUE Money Honey!
- Maria Bartiromo is just without a doubt one of the most beautiful, poised individuals on satellite, cable or network television. Just gorgeous!
- Becky is not only beautiful, but has the poise and smarts to go with the looks.
- Maria Bartiromo: I’d like to vote for Erin, but with her rise in airtime, she appears to be dropping more and more weight. The overly skinny look just doesn’t cut it for me, so the original “honey” gets my vote, along with Todd Thomson’s, I’d assume.
- Erin Burnett: Fact is, CNBC’s Diana Olick is hotter — and smarter — than any of these broads, but I had to choose from those you listed.