Wanna save traditional media? Just talk to a crazy musician for your next feature. Seriously, the more Kanye stages an impromptu award show protest or Lady Gaga tells Oprah of her pre-Pandora dreams of being painted blue, the more I love it!
And, when it comes to hot quotable messes, it doesn’t get any better than the Playboy Interview with John Mayer. The musician and tabloid staple’s musings on sex, his childhood, and more sex is sure to keep him a trending topic. (Or in Twitter time, at least the next couple hours.)
Read our top five Mayer-isms after the jump. Note: because the interview truly is worth reading in its entirety, the following is taken unabashedly out of context.
5. “I could have fucked a lot more girls in my life if I hadn’t been trying so hard to get them to like me.”
4. “You wake up in the morning, open a thumbnail page, and it leads to a Pandora’s box of visuals. There have probably been days when I saw 300 vaginas before I got out of bed.”
3. “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.'”
2. “I want to dance. I want to get on an airplane and be like a ninja. I want to be an explorer.”
1. “Here’s what I really want to do at 32: fuck a girl and then, as she’s sleeping in bed, make breakfast for her. So she’s like, “What? You gave me five vaginal orgasms last night, and you’re making me a spinach omelet? You are the shit!”