Right on the heels of Google’s top executive saying interview brain teasers are a “complete waste of time,” we couldn’t resist sharing this list compiled by Glassdoor ranking the top interview questions for the year.
And away we go…
1. “If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which one would it be and why?” Asked at Forrester.
2. “How many cows are in Canada?” Asked at Google.
3. “How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?” Asked at JetBlue.
4. “A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?” Asked at Clark Construction Group.
5. “What songs best describes your work ethic?” Asked at Dell.
6. “Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?” Asked at Amazon.
7. “What do you think about when you are alone in your car?” Asked at Gallup.
8. “How would you rate your memory?” Asked at Marriott.
9. “Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners.” Asked at BenefitsCONNECT.
10. “Can you say: ‘Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?” Asked at MasterCard.