Grace Coddington, the creative director at Vogue, got the New York Times profile treatment this weekend. In case you missed it, here are five interesting things we learned about Coddington from perusing the piece.
- Coddington is about to release a memoir titled Grace, which she was paid $1.2 million to write.
- She shares two cats — Bart and Pumpkin — with her boyfriend. Bart is named after Bart Simpson. We’re just guessing about that.
- When Coddington was young, she attended a convent school where the nuns roller-skated.
- She once asked Madonna to wear a hat that looked like a “cream cake.” Madonna, ever the fashionista, wasn’t happy about it.
- Coddington’s advice to young designers? It helps to have “a few things going wrong in their life.”