It’s #tbt! As your Facebook friends tag you in photos from your high school football or cheerleading days in the spirit of Throwback Thursday, here at MJD we can’t help but get nostalgic for office supplies from yesteryear.
1. White out. Need we say more? Remember the odor it provided as well? Ah, memories. Of course, we wouldn’t have needed white out if we didn’t make typos from…
2. Typewriters. It’s unfathomable to us to not be able to save a document, let alone use copy and paste but such was the predicament of our parents. And how did anyone get any work done by the sound of typing clack-clack-clacking away anyway?
3. Rolodex. Thank goodness for LinkedIn and mobile phones, right? And not having to manually search by anyone’s name. Still, despite modern conveniences there’s a soft spot in our heart for the ol’ Rolodex, may it rest in peace.
4. Old fax machines. Yes, we know fax machines are alive and well (and long live the eFax!) but we’re going retro for the type of fax on shiny paper that curled up after it was received. Awwww, memories.
5. Vintage dymo label makers. We can put filing cabinets and hard copy files in this category, too but who doesn’t want to kick it old school with one of these labels? Yes, they were technically labels that were eventually peeled off like stickers with raised letters.
This is just a simple list for starters. While we’re grateful for modern technology of course, we simply have to pay homage to extinct office artifacts. What do you occasionally long for? What do you miss?