Former Real World and Celebrity Rehab star Joey Kovar was found dead on Friday after reportedly overdosing on a combination of alcohol, cocaine and Viagra, according to TMZ.com:
Our sources say … Thursday night, just before midnight, Joey went to a woman’s house in Chicago Ridge, Illinois, told her he’d been doing cocaine … and asked her to drive him to a location where he could score more coke. The woman, Stacey Achterhof, rebuffed his request, and asked him to stay at her place.
We’re told Joey, who was also fueled up on alcohol, took “some Viagra” and messed around with Stacey … but they did not have sex. At some point Stacey fell asleep, and when she awakened early Friday morning she found Joey bleeding from the nose and ears.
Kovar, 29, was on The Real World: Hollywood season in 2008, where the world first learned of his substance abuse issues. He entered rehab while on the show and was also a patient on Dr. Drew‘s Celebrity Rehab in 2010. The Chicago native is the third Real World star to pass away (Pedro Zamora and Frankie Abernathy).