More than 1.4 million people watched the Emmy Awards Sunday night on WNYW/Channel 5 for the top spot of the week, according to Nielsen. The event, hosted by Glee‘s Jane Lynch, pulled in a 7.1 rating.
But right below the Emmys telecast was NBC’s Sunday Night Football pitting the Eagles against the Falcons. The game finished second with an estimated 1.2 million WNBC viewers and a 6.3 rating. The final half-hour of the pre-game show Football Night in America was sixth (775,000/3.8).
There was other NFL action ranking high. At number three was CBS’ late afternoon game (950,000/4.7).
ESPN’s Monday Night Football season opening doubleheader scored big numbers, landing in a seventh-place tie (754,000/3.7).
More from the Top 10 after the jump
- Fourth 60 Minutes WCBS (904,000/4.5)
- Fifth America’s Got Talent (Wed.) WNBC (826,000/4.1)
- *Seventh America’s Got Talent (Tues.) WNBC (749,000/3.7)
- *Seventh ABC News Special (Tues.) WABC (745,000/3.7)
- *Seventh Emmy Awards Pre-show WNYW (740,000/3.7)
MTV’s Jersey Shore notched a 13th-place finish (625,000/3.1), while the Miss Universe Pageant was 20th on WNBC (500,000/2.5).