As the Jets were poised to drop their second straight game on Sunday, viewers were tuned in against Miami. Even though the late afternoon game on WCBS only overlapped into prime time by 30 minutes, it was tops for the week in New York. The contest had an estimated 2.1 million WCBS viewers and a 10.6 rating, according to the Nielsen Company.
That lead-in gave 60 Minutes a number two finish (1.5 million/7.8).
The Jets made the list twice for the week, as their Monday Night Football debacle at the hands of the Patriots shot up to fifth (1.1 million/5.7) on ESPN.
Actually, the game was also broadcast on My9/WWOR (21st/661,000/3.3). If combined, the Monday nighter would take number two.
There was more NFL action in the survey. NBC got into the act with Sunday Night Football (its only show in the Top 30). The Eagles win over the Cowboys had big numbers on WNBC, finishing third (1.3 million/6.8).
Technically, WNBC notched two entries in the weekly ratings. However, at number 24 was the final half hour of the Football Night in America pre-game show (653,000/3.2).
A look at the rest of the Top 10 after the jump.
Rounding out the Top 10
- Barbara Walters (Oprah) Special WABC (fourth/1.1 million/5.9)
- Amazing Race WCBS (sixth/1 million/5.3)
- Glee WNYW (seventh/1 million/5.0)
- Two and a Half Men WCBS (*eighth/935,000/4.6)
- Criminal Minds WCBS (*eighth/933,000/4.6)
- Desperate Housewives WABC (*eighth/929,000/4.6)
- Undercover Boss WCBS (*eighth/922,000/4.6)