As American Idol transitioned into the Top 13 finalists, the Fox singing competition kept its stranglehold on the weekly New York ratings.
Idol‘s two-hour performance led the week, according to Nielsen, with an estimated 1.3 million WNYW/Channel 5 viewers and 7.0 rating. The elimination night had a number two result, garnering 1.2 million viewers and a 6.5 rating.
Incidentally, the Fox 5 News at Ten with Ernie Anastos and Dari Alexander, once again, was the beneficiary of Idol’s strong lead-in Wednesday night. The newscast had a 19th-place showing (564,000/2.9).
Back to the Top 10, NBC’s The Voice had 1.1 million viewers with a 6.0 rating, and landed at number three.
There was the usual stability from 60 Minutes, with a fourth-place finish (867,000/4.4).
Two other CBS shows locked in at number five, Person of Interest (841,000/4.3) and The Mentalist (835,000/4.3).
More from the Top 10 after the jump
- Seventh The Amazing Race WCBS (811,000/4.2)
- Eighth Big Bang Theory WCBS (761,000/3.9)
- Ninth NCIS WCBS (725,000/3.7)
- *Tenth Desperate Housewives WABC (712,000/3.6)
- *Tenth Blue Bloods WCBS (706,000/3.6)
- *Tenth The Good Wife WCBS (696,000/3.6)