Today the Newhouse School of Public Communications held its annual Mirror Awards, which celebrates the best in media industry journalism. If it sounds a little absurd, well, it is. But as we know, every award is a little odd, so on with the winners!
• Best Single Article, Traditional Media: Gabriel Sherman, “Chasing Fox” (New York)
• Best Single Article, Digital Media: Jim Hopkins, “All Shook Up” (Gannett Blog)
• Best Profile, Traditional Media: Ken Auletta, “The Networker” (The New Yorker)
• Best Profile, Digital Media: Joel Meares, “The Biggest Fish in Albany?” (Columbia Journalism Review)
• Best Commentary, Traditional Media: James Wolcott (Vanity Fair)
• Best Commentary, Digital Media: Eric Alterman (Center for American Progress)
• Best In-depth Piece, Traditional Media: Mary Van de Kamp Nohl, “Paper Money” (Milwaukee Magazine)