Top 5 Reasons Why Politico Senior Political Reporter Jonathan Martin and NBC’s “MTP” Exec. Producer Betsy Fischer’s Wedding Was Everything That’s Wrong With Washington. The journo power couple married in a garden wedding in Warrenton, Va. over the weekend.
1. Martin thanked the troops during his remarks. “We want to keep in mind that this is an important weekend. Tomorrow is Memorial Day. So we also want to honor our veterans, and those who are fallen.” (h/t Politico Playbook and h/t Mike Allen for h/t)
2. NBC newsman Tom Brokaw made their wedding sound like a beer summit: “We’re awakened every day, these days, and reminded about what divides us. But this is what unites us: the idea that two people who care
passionately about their country and about the political system that
drives it, finding each other, setting out on their married life.”
3. Politico Editor-in-Chief John Harris looked hammered. See here. (Just kidding, we’re sure the boss was keeping it together.)
4. Gift bags included treats from — not a joke — The Political
5. Politico and NBC’s MTP will now forever and incestuously be linked in holy matrimony. By the power vested in FishbowlDC, we now pronounce you husband and wife.