The San Francisco Giants won a thrilling seven-game 2014 World Series over the Kansas City Royals, but the club’s margin of victory wasn’t that narrow when it came to social media buzz during Major League Baseball’s postseason, according to social marketing and analytics platform Engagor.
Engagor analyzed the social media buzz for the eight teams that started MLB’s Division Series round, and here are its findings:
4 million total social mentions, 3.2 million from Facebook and 791,000 from Twitter.
Top four teams:
Top four players:
- Matt Carpenter, third baseman, Cardinals, 125,787
- Brandon Belt, first baseman, Giants, 82,404
- Kolten Wong, second baseman, Cardinals, 54,662
- Mike Moustakas, third baseman, Royals, 54,097
League Championship Series
3.8 million total mentions, 3.1 million from Facebook and 614,000 from Twitter.
Top two teams:
- Giants: 1.3 million
- Royals: 1.2 million
Top two players:
- Pablo Sandoval, third baseman, Giants, 49,325
- Wong, 48,110
5.2 million total mentions, 4.5 million from Facebook and 738,000 from Twitter.
- Top team: Giants, 2.8 million.
- Top player: Yordano Ventura, pitcher, Royals, 225,581
Readers: Did you interact on Facebook during the MLB postseason?
Images courtesy of San Francisco Giants Facebook page.