The latest quarterly traffic report from PR specialists, Walker Sands, shows the steady growth of Android traffic of the frequently mobile. Compared to Q4 of 2013, this year’s first quarter shows slower traffic growth than last year’s holiday peak, but it’s still promising for Android developers whose market share gained 10 points from Apple’s gradual decline.
Android lead smartphone traffic and continues to increase its share of Web traffic on tablets. The total number of Web visits from Android tablets is up 140 percent since the same time last year. However, iOS still leads in traffic coming from tablets, accounting for nearly three times as much as Android tablets.
Share of mobile traffic, segmented by device:
- Android mobile devices – 45 percent, up from 37.9 percent in Q1 2013
- Apple iPhone – 32.4 percent, down from 35.7 percent in Q1 2013
- BlackBerry – 0.8 percent, down from 1.4 percent in Q1 2013
Mobile tablet devices:
- Android tablets – 4.8 percent, up from 2.6 percent in Q1 2013
- Apple iPad – 15 percent, down from 17.7 percent in Q1 2013