The verticals Facebook will feature in its Video Ads Creative Spotlight are:
- Consumer goods
- Financial services
The social network said in a Facebook for Business post that Nielsen recently measured more than 300 campaigns featuring video ads, and it found that 73 percent of them showed “significant” lifts in ad recall, with an 86 percent average lift between test and control groups.
Facebook also offered the following best practices for video ads:
- Tailor your story to your audience: People are more likely to pay attention to content that’s relevant to their interests, which means you’ll likely get better results if you customize your ad’s message for the people who see it. Consider creating unique videos (or different versions of the same video) for different audience segments.
- Invest in production: Whether you use a camera phone or a production team, secure the best available creative resources and set a realistic production schedule and budget. People are more likely to watch and remember videos that are well-crafted and designed to play on every device.
- Use the first few seconds wisely: Bring your story to life quickly, so, as people scroll through News Feed looking for content, your video ad quickly piques people’s interest. Consider showing brand or product imagery in the first few seconds.
- Focus on storytelling: Video length is less important than telling a cohesive and concise story. Your video ad shouldn’t be longer or shorter than it takes to tell your story well, so create a storytelling arc from the first frame to the last that keeps your audience interested along the way.
- Tell your story with and without sound: Since videos on Facebook auto-play with sound off, it’s important to make sure your video ads entice viewers even when muted. When sound is off, beautiful imagery and on-screen text can help tell your story. When enabled, your video’s sound should offer additional value to viewers and further bring your story to life.
Facebook Creative Shop creative lead Tom Gilmartin said in an emailed statement:
Facebook has never had such a robust toolbox for creative people to craft video stories. Agencies and brands are inventing ways to delight people on Facebook that have never been explored before with video. When you combine these new creative opportunities with our ability to deliver unique video stories to specific audiences, Facebook enables video storytelling in ways that wouldn’t have been possible even a year ago.
Readers: What did you think of the selections for June in Facebook’s new Video Ads Creative Spotlight?