Social media marketing company Roost will now abide within the confines of self-service marketing solutions firm VerticalResponse, as the latter announced its acquisition of the former.
The companies said Roost Chief Executive Officer Alex Chang will join VerticalResponse as vice president, social platform.
Other Roost employees will be added throughout VerticalResponse to focus on social media marketing.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Roost enables its marketing clients to:
- Create, schedule, and publish campaigns on Facebook and Twitter;
- Access a library of free suggested content related to their industries to post on their Facebook pages and other social media accounts;
- Create custom content calendars; and
- Receive scores based on their social engagement to determine the success of campaigns.
VerticalResponse said it plans to add the following features in the coming months:
- Deeper integration between social media marketing and email marketing via the same interface;
- More robust performance reporting;
- More features to allow marketers to listen to, monitor, and respond to potential customers; and
- Integration with more social networks.
VerticalResponse Chief Executive Officer Janine Popick said:
This is the first acquisition for VerticalResponse in the nearly 11 years we’ve been in business, so it’s a truly exciting time for us. The number of our customers who share their email marketing campaigns with their social networks has increased more than 1,400 percent since the beginning of 2011, so it’s clear that small businesses understand the power of social media. Now, with Roost’s social media marketing tools, they can take their customer engagement efforts to the next level.
Chang, the CEO, added:
We couldn’t have asked for a better, more complementary partner than VerticalResponse. We built Roost with the simple goal of making social media marketing easy for small businesses. VerticalResponse is all about helping small businesses succeed through smart, affordable marketing. By joining forces, we aim to provide the most comprehensive suite of marketing tools that they can start using right away.