Pets may not tweet or post on Facebook, but their owners do, and social media analytics company Unmetric analyzed six top pet food brands on both of those social networks.
Unmetric examined data on Facebook and Twitter from Jan. 1 through April 11 for Eukanuba (part of Mars Pet Care), Pedigree (Mars), Purina (Nestlé Purina PetCare), Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kibbles ‘n Bits (Big Heart) and Blue Buffalo, and its findings included:
- Hill’s, maker of Science Diet, had both the most likes and the highest percentage of like growth during the period measured by Unmetric—1.37 million and 103 percent, respectively.
- Eukanuba boasted the largest percentage of fans talking about its brand, at 1.83.
- Hill’s published the most posts, at 411, but Eukanuba took home the engagement title with a score of 890.
- Posts from Eukanuba received the most likes, at 286,335, while Blue Buffalo led in comments (25,171) and Purina in shares (45,014).
- Purina had the most fan posts on its page, 5,253.
- Blue Buffalo received the highest percentage of positive sentiment, 49.
- Kibbles ‘n Bits responded to the highest percentage of fan posts, at 48.89 percent.
- Purina had the most followers, at 45,119, while the largest jump in follower growth went to Blue Buffalo, nearly 90 percent.
- The most tweets were posted by Purina, 28,597, while Pedigree’s 924 was the highest engagement score.
- Purina generated the most favorites, 15,313, and the most retweets, 950, while Blue Buffalo’s 13,060 led replies.
- Purina blew away the field in user mentions, at 33,553.
- Purina responded to the highest percentage of tweets, more than 80 percent, and it had the fastest average reply time, 429 minutes.
Readers: Do you follow any of these pet brands on Facebook or Twitter?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.