The final installment of social marketing firm Unmetric’s analysis of National Football League teams on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram compared the two clubs participating in Super Bowl LI, eventual champions the New England Patriots and runners-up the Atlanta Falcons.
- Facebook: The Patriots boasted the larger audience size, while the Falcons posted the highest growth and drew the most engagement.
- Twitter: The Patriots led in audience size and engagement, and the Falcons tallied the most growth.
- Instagram: Mirroring Facebook, the Patriots had the larger audience size, while the Falcons led growth and engagement.
- Number of posts: The Patriots had more posts on Facebook and Instagram during the time period analyzed by Unmetric, while the Falcons tweeted more.
- Likes: The Patriots swept likes across the three social networks.
- Comments: New England also had more comments than Atlanta across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Readers: Are you already looking forward to the 2017 NFL season?
Image on homepage courtesy of New England Patriots Facebook page.