The surging Houston Astros also saw a surge in Facebook growth during May, leading all Major League Baseball teams, while the New York Yankees posted the highest Twitter growth and the Colorado Rockies did the same on Instagram, according to social marketing firm Unmetric.
- The Yankees showed no signs of forfeiting their grip on largest audience size across the three social networks (8,558,912 on Facebook, 2,339,994 on Twitter and 1,578,155 on Instagram).
- The defending World Series champion Chicago Cubs shook off their sluggish play on the field to lead engagement on Facebook and Instagram, while the Twitter crown for May went to the Yankees.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers had the most posts on Facebook and Instagram in May, while the Boston Red Sox tweeted the most.
- The Yankees tallied the most Facebook likes for the month, while the Cubs did the same on Twitter and the Dodgers on Instagram.
- The Yankees also spurred the most comments on Facebook, while the crosstown rival New York Mets led Twitter comments and the Dodgers topped Instagram.