The Toronto Blue Jays saw the most overall growth among Major League Baseball teams on Facebook from April 10 through 27, while the Colorado Rockies picked up the most Twitter followers and the Instagram growth pennant went to the Cleveland Indians, according to social marketing firm Unmetric.
- The New York Yankees retained their hold on the largest audience size across the three social networks (8,555,482 on Facebook, 2,232,434 on Twitter and 1,531,345 on Instagram).
- The Chicago Cubs once again swept engagement across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers were the most active MLB team on Facebook, with 274 posts, while the Boston Red Sox hammered away on Twitter with 556 tweets and the Cincinnati Reds led with 190 Instagram posts.
- In a repeat of Unmetric’s last report, covering April 2 through 9, the Cubs led Facebook (1,304,126) and Twitter (732,412) in likes, while the Dodgers did the same for Instagram (4,738,376).
- The Cubs drew the most comments on Facebook (67,350), while the New York Mets topped Twitter (9,758) and the Dodgers led Instagram (24,821).