Twitter announced earlier this week that the updated (2.0) versions of its Gnip application-programming interfaces are now generally available.
Gnip product manager Adam Tornes said in a blog post that the 1.0 versions of the Gnip APIs will sunset Dec. 1, adding that brands and agencies making the move to 2.0 will see enhanced versions of PowerTrack, Decahose, 30-Day Search and Historical PowerTrack.
Tornes also detailed the new functionality in Gnip 2.0:
- New data and enrichments: Take advantage of new URL metadata and a more powerful Klout enrichment to create new product experiences.
- New operators: Explore and discover tweets in new ways using operators that enable you to filter on emojis, hashtags, quoted tweets and more.
- More powerful rules and queries: Further refine your filtering with the ability to build longer, more precise rules and queries to get you to the exact data you need.
- Cross-product parity: Create a more seamless customer experience through parity in operators, filtering and enrichments across our core products.
- Even better reliability: We’ve increased the geographic diversity of the systems serving you data to give you even greater confidence you will get every tweet you need.
Twitter advertisers: Are you ready for Gnip 2.0?