You get an emoji, you get an emoji, everyone gets an emoji! Twitter Friday unveiled emojis for all 24 National Basketball Association All-Stars, as well as Turner Sports’ on-air personalities.
The hashtag-triggered emojis are activated by using players’ or Turner Sports personalities’ first name and last name in hashtags—#StephenCurry, #LebronJames, etc.֫—with the exceptions of Giannis Antetokounmpo and Shaquille O’Neal, who merely require #giannis and #shaq, respectively. They will be available through Feb. 20.
Fans can also vote for the Kia NBA All-Star MVP Award exclusively via Twitter during a 30-minute window starting in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s game in New Orleans, also via hashtags—#KiaAllStarMVP and #FirstNameLastName. The fans’ voting will represent 25 percent of the overall vote, and the winner will receive a Kia Sorento to donate to a charity of their choice.
The same applies to Friday night’s Rising Stars Challenge—fans vote by including the hashtags #BBVARisingStars and #FirstNameLastName of the players they are choosing.
Finally, Twitter announced that highlights and key moments from NBA All-Star Weekend will be brought to users by sponsors:
- American Express, Mountain Dew, Bud Light and Verizon will sponsor highlights on the NBA’s Twitter account, @NBA (https://twitter.com/NBA).
- JBL will bring fans the Play of the Night.
- State Farm will sponsor the Assist of the Night.
- Verizon will bring fans the best dunks of the weekend.
- Foot Locker will showcase the coolest #NBAKicks.