Today in Trumpwatch, Donald Trump is less popular with “the blacks” than he believes. CNN reports that according to a poll released Thursday, “79 percent of black people said they have an unfavorable view of Trump.” But don’t worry Donald, you may have a newfound friend in Peggy Noonan by the looks of her piece in today’s Wall Street Journal.
Finally, on the heels of Trump’s interview with Mark Halperin and John Heinemann during which he refused to name his favorite Bible verse, lo the Almighty hath given us #TrumpBible. And the temptation was too great for media folks to resist.
“Moses. What a dope. Had to go into the wilderness. I’d have negotiated a deal with Pharaoh, day one. A great deal. The best.” #TrumpBible
— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) August 28, 2015
Ruth said: “Do not urge me to leave you,” but Boaz replied, “You snuck in here. You’re disgusting. Get away from my feet.” #TrumpBible
— Emily Flitter (@FlitterOnFraud) August 26, 2015
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of 5th Avenue I will fear no evil, for my checkbook is with me” #TrumpBible
— Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) August 26, 2015
There *is* room at the inn but Mary and Joseph refuse to stay there because it is LOW CLASS and a DUMP. #TrumpBible
— Ben Casselman (@bencasselman) August 26, 2015
There is a lot of Donald Trump in the news. That’s why you have Trumpwatch.
- Poll disputes Donald Trump claim on black voter support (CNN)
- Ink by the barrel: Why the Donald Trump’s Bush-bashing is becoming indelible (Fox)
- Trump’s new fans (The Wall Street Journal)
- Trump: Decision coming on GOP loyalty pledge (The Hill)
- Trump explains why he’s hit Jeb harder than other rivals (Politico)
- Cruz, Trump to hold anti-Iran deal really in D.C. (Politico)