@YouTube maintains its position as the most popular brand on Twitter, with its more than 45 million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both remain many millions behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk. Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter, accounting for five of the first six spots, with @Facebook closing in very rapidly on @twitter_es, Twitter’s Spanish-tweeting profile.
This month, @cnn jumps two places to fifth overall – CNN now has two Twitter properties in the top five – while @ESPN climbs an eye-opening five spots to eleventh. @BBCBreaking also moves up a place to thirteenth. Meanwhile, after a long, slow descent down the rankings, @TwitPic finally falls out of the top 20.
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 45,530,874 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 35,338,229)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 32,545,459)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 19,410,107)
5. CNN (@cnn, 14,248,913)
6. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 13,978,089)
7. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,901,467)
8. The New York Times (@nytimes, 13,396,394)
9. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 12,950,791)
10. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 12,777,249)
11. ESPN (@espn, 11,775,188)
12. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,614,814)
13. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 11,537,812)
14. NBA (@NBA, 11,457,607)
15. MTV (@MTV, 11,455,248)
16. Vine (@vineapp, 11,138,807)
17. SportsCenter (@SportsCenter, 9,603,336)
18. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 9,482,116)
19. A Googler (@google, 9,047,385)
20. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 8,966,552)