Emailing might not be the most ideal activity for children, but kids often want to emulate adults in as many ways as possible. So, we think it’s healthy to allow kids to use emails to send notes and drawings to grandparents and other family members using this app from Tocomail. It comes with complete parental controls and allows parents to set limits as well as monitoring of their child’s messages.
Since most kids may not be that interested in composing long form emails, the app also comes with a drawing board, timeline, and avatars. The app has premium subscription that provides advanced parental controls for $2.99 a month or $29.99 a year. The cost pays for a quarantine box, profanity filter, and an enhanced contact list.
FEATURES FOR KIDS
– Personalized email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Amazing drawing board with postcards, stamps, pen, brushes and other instruments to draw attachments
– PUSH notifications sent to iPhone/iPad when mail is received
– Kids will love customizing contact list and their own profiles with fun profile pics
– 2 levels of UI with simplified mode for younger kids and standard mode for older children.
SAFETY FEATURES FOR PARENTS
– Safe contact list supervised by parent – you decide who can communicate with your kids
Premium features – available at $2.99/month or 29.99/year
– Supervised general list of contacts in addition to Safe list
– E-mails from anyone who is not on Safe list will be kept in – Quarantine box until parent will approve or reject them
– Receive a copy of the quarantined e-mails to regular email account
– Parent can approve or reject emails right from the notification e-mail
What children’s apps do you recommend? Please add it to our Recommended Apps for Kids directory. To share an app, fill out our simple form below. Once you complete it, your app suggestion will be stored in our growing database of great apps for kids. We will use this directory to plan features and share new digital tools with our readers.