Ever since Amazon officially launched its Kindles Singles storefront, content has slowly been populating the store. To be a “Kindle Single,” an eBook should be shorter than a regular Kindle book and have a low price. These books are categorized as between 10,000 and 30,000 words –or about 30-90 pages and are priced between $.99 and $4.99.
To help publishers and authors get a taste for how this new format works, we’ve listed the Top 10 Kindle Singles and their prices. The titles cross genres from thriller to vampire to poetry. We’ve added links so that you can easily explore the content that works well in this format.
Top Ten Kindle Singles
1. No Time Left by David Baldacci, $0.99
2. Undead by Frank Delaney, $0.99
3. My Mother’s Lover by David Dobbs, $1.99
4. Blood on the Tracks by Cecelia Holland, $0.99
5. Three Cups of Deceit: How Greg Mortenson, Humanitarian Hero, Lost His Way by Jon Krakauer
6. Shaken, Not Stirred by Tim Gunn, $1.99
7. The Heart of Haiku by Jane Hirshfield, $0.99
8. Leaving Home: Short Pieces by Jodi Picoult, $2.99
9. Bittman’s Kitchen: What I Grill and Why by Mark Bittman, $0.99
10. The Wall Street Money Machine by Jesse Eisinger, $0.99