Check out the latest news & insights this week from Inside Social Games:
- Mobile Payments on Social Platforms: Q&A with Zong’s Hill Ferguson
– Mobile payment services are exploding on Facebook and other social networks as an easy way for app users and game players to buy virtual currency. Read more in our interview with Hill Ferguson of Zong, one of the leading providers of mobile payment solutions to social app developers.
- Ten Reasons that Social Games May Eat the Casual Market – Casual Games haven’t become the all-encompassing juggernaut that some people were predicting they would be a few years ago. Meanwhile, Social Games are quickly expanding into exactly the same market. So are Social Platform Games just casual plus plus, or are they the new bigger better thing?
- New Sports Themed Social Games Are Coming Soon – A lot of buzz around the watercooler these days seems to be about virtual worlds focused on sports. Two companies in particular, GamesCampus and Cybersports, are building products in this space.
- SGN Launches Mafia: Respect and Retaliation for the iPhone – With the Mob Wars legal saga behind it, SGN has just launched a new mob-based title called Mafia: Respect and Retaliation for the iPhone.
- How Social Games Saved the PC Gaming Market – Although there have been good times and bad times, the PC gaming market has always been a bit of a lurching monster. How are social games saving this huge market?
- Action AllStars Reaches 100k Registrations – Action AllStars has hit 100,000 registered users since the beta launched in December. Read on to learn more about this new sports-themed virtual world.
- iGames Summit Coming to San Francisco March 19 – The iGames Summit, a half-day conference focused on the emerging iPhone games space, is coming to San Francisco on March.