The newly revised, expanded, and hot-off-the-press Facebook Marketing Bible: 39+ Ways to Market Your Brand, Company, Product, or Service Inside Facebook – November 2008 Edition is now available!
The Facebook Marketing Bible has been purchased by hundreds of agencies, marketers, social application developers, entrepreneurs, and educators, and is the leading resource on Facebook marketing today.
The densely-packed Facebook Marketing Bible contains three detailed sections: Tools for Guerilla Marketers, Tools for Advertisers, and Tools for Application Developers. Each part outlines the best available channels and strategies for reaching your audience inside Facebook. Please see the full table of contents below.
The November 2008 edition includes updates on the following topics:
- Details on the latest Facebook advertising opportunities, placements, and ad formats. With the Facebook redesign, Facebook launched new advertising units on the home page, which can be filled with a variety of ad units that are deeply integrated into Facebook features like events, pages, and virtual gifts. Find out how you can make the most of your Facebook ad dollars with details on every ad unit available inside Facebook.
- Updates on Facebook’s virtual gifts store. Last week, Facebook signaled updates to the way it’s thinking about virtual gifts and the role they play in the future of Facebook. Get all the latest details here.
- The latest aggressive marketing practices in Facebook’s viral channels being used by application developers. Affiliate marketers spamming application users with links to landing pages are sure to be shut down, but app developers adding new “action links” are likely to see more engagement.
- Fully updated for the Facebook redesign. With the Facebook redesign now fully complete, new opportunities are available for marketers who want to optimize their campaigns for the latest Facebook updates. Get the absolute latest and most detailed analysis of all the recent changes.
- Plus, updates on Facebook Connect, Beacon, and more.
For those interested in learning more, click the purchase link above. The price is $49, or $59 with three months of free updates emailed directly to your inbox. As always, please make suggestions if you’d like to see more attention paid to any topic!
Table of Contents
I. Tools for Guerilla Marketers
1. Profile Page
- Strategy: What about spamming existing groups?
- Strategy: Groups and Pages are very similar. Which makes more sense?
- Strategy: I’ve just created a Page. How do I promote it?
- Group to Page Migration
- Guidelines for Promoting Pages Outside Facebook
- Official vs Unofficial Pages
- Ways Page Owners Can Restrict Content for Underage Users
- More Features Coming Soon
- Events API
- Events SEO
5. Notes and Photos
8. Share / Posted Items
9. Mini Feed and News Feed
10. Feed Importing
> Data: Tracking Facebook’s International Growth by Country
> Data: Latest US Facebook Age and Gender Demographics
> Recommended Strategies for Guerilla Marketers
II. Tools for Advertisers
11. Social Ads
- Summary of ad units available to Facebook advertisers
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
- Social Video Ads
- Sponsored Virtual Gifts
- Events Ads
- Pages Ads
- Advertising in the New Facebook News Feed
- Advertising on the Profile Page (and other pages)
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
12. Virtual Gifts
- The Future of Virtual Gifts on Facebook
13. Localization Opportunities
14. Integrated Opportunities
17. Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- What eCPMs do apps charge? Data from Facebook application developers
18. Facebook Platform Application Sponsorships
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Sponsorship Resellers/Rep Firms
- Strategy: Why sponsor applications when I can sponsor Facebook itself?
19. Sponsored Facebook Groups
> Recommended Strategies for Advertisers
III. Tools for Application Developers
20. Profile Box
- Strategy: Where do most new application users come from?
- 5 Things Developers May Not Know About the Facebook Redesign
- Profile Integration: Tour of New Facebook App Settings
21. Application Tabs
22. Application Info Sections
23. Designing Feed Stories
- Strategy: Designing High Performance Feed Items
- News Feed Optimization: Strategies and Techniques
24. Feeds 2.0
- Feed Forms
- Feed Clustering
- Action Links
25. Feed Publisher
- Publishing in the Feed with Feed Comments
26. Requests / Invitations
- Policy Updates: Requiring Invites to Access Hidden Features, Offering Incentives for Invites, Ads on Profile Page Prohibited
- Strategy: Facebook’s Evolving Approach to Platform Governance
27. Facebook Notifications
- Chat Integration: Facebook Wants More Synchronous Notifications
- Policy Update: Bulk Pre-Selection Prohibited
- Spammy Affiliate Marketers Sure to be Shut Down
28. Email Notifications
- Updates: Email’s Status as Core Application Marketing Channel in Doubt
29. Application Bookmarks
30. Application Directory
31. Status Update Source
32. Demographic Restrictions
33. Verification and Certification
- Great Apps Program
- Application Verification
- Data: Stats on Facebook Apps Built for International Markets
- Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
35. Facebook Connect
- Overview: Integrating Facebook Connect with Your Website
- Related: Google Friend Connect
36. Analytics Tools
- List of Leading Third-Party Facebook Platform Analytics Providers
- New Metrics for Developers with Facebook Profile Redesign
37. Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook for iPhone and Connect for iPhone
39. Customer Service
> Poll: Which viral channels do Facebook users hate most about apps?
> Recommended Strategies for Application Developers