The newly revised, expanded, and hot-off-the-press Facebook Marketing Bible: 40+ Ways to Market Your Brand, Company, Product, or Service Inside Facebook – May 2009 Edition is now available!
The Facebook Marketing Bible has been purchased by thousands of agencies, marketers, social application developers, entrepreneurs, and educators, and is the leading resource on Facebook marketing today. It is also available in French, Spanish, and Italian. (A special edition for agencies and big brands is now also available.)
The densely-packed Facebook Marketing Bible contains four detailed sections: Tools for Guerilla Marketers, Tools for Advertisers, Tools for Application Developers, and Tools for Webmasters. Each part outlines the best available channels and strategies for reaching your audience inside Facebook. Please see the full table of contents below.
In addition, Inside Facebook is happy to announce that through May 1st all customers who purchase the Facebook Marketing Bible will also receive a free $25 Facebook Ads advertising credit, courtesy of Facebook (terms).
The May 2009 edition includes updates on the following topics:
- The latest details on Facebook’s new “Open Stream” API and what it means for marketers, publishers, and developers. With the new Open Stream API, Facebook has released the power of the Facebook stream to live anywhere developers can put it – including publisher websites, desktop applications, and mobile phones. Find out exactly what Facebook released, what you can do with it, and what it means for the future of the Facebook Platform.
- The latest updates on Facebook Pages / “public profiles,” including new ways to get and retain fans through SMS updates. The big changes in Facebook’s latest Facebook Page redesign mean marketers need to think in entirely new ways about how to reach and engage users inside Facebook. We’ve broken down all the new elements piece by piece and offered detailed and specific advice for marketers hoping to reach more users inside Facebook than ever before – including details on Facebook’s new SMS service (for both publishing and receiving updates), Page invitations, and home page stream. See the table of contents below for more details.
- The latest tools for webmasters to drive more traffic to their site and build more social context through Facebook Connect and Facebook Share. With Facebook Connect and Facebook Share, publishers have new opportunities for both enriching their sites with deeply social features and leveraging Facebook’s powerful feed system for driving traffic to their site. Get new details on metrics early Facebook Connect partners are seeing, and learn how to optimize your Facebook Share integration.
- New tools for advertisers to target their Facebook Ads better than ever before. With enhanced Facebook radius and language targeting, advertisers now have the ability to reach their target audiences in much more powerful ways. Learn how to use these new tools to get the most out of your performance marketing dollars.
- New opportunities and policies for applications in the home page stream. With the new stream, developers have unprecedented access to the News Feed through Feed Forms. Learn more about how you can use Feed Forms to maximize your distribution inside Facebook, as well as new policies applying to the way you can use feed stories.
- Plus, more updates on getting a Vanity URL on Facebook, API changes, and more.
For those interested in learning more, click the purchase link above. The price is $49, or $149 with 12 months of free updates emailed directly to your inbox. As always, please make suggestions if you’d like to see more attention paid to any topic!
Table of Contents
I. Tools for Guerilla Marketers
1. Profile Page
2. Pages / Public Profiles
- “Facebook Pages 2.0″
- The New Wall Tab – Making Pages More Dynamic and Viral
- Status Updates – Now for Pages, Too
- Application Boxes – Changing Places
- Tab Management – Choosing a Landing Page
- Conclusion – Facebook Learning from Twitter, Pages Getting Better
- The Future of Sharing on Facebook: A Hybrid Public/Private Model
- Branded Virtual Gifts on Facebook Pages Opening New Doors for Viral Advertising
- Adding Custom Modules to Your Page
- Strategy: Groups and Pages have some similarities. Which makes more sense?
- Strategy: I’ve just created a Page. How do I promote it?
- Group to Page Migration
- Guidelines for Promoting Pages Outside Facebook
- Official vs Unofficial Pages
- Pages and SEO
- Who Get a Vanity URL on Facebook?
- Ways Page Owners Can Restrict Content for Underage Users
- How to Import Your Blog into Your Public Profile
- Page Invitations
- SMS Subscription Service for Pages
- Updating Facebook Page Status Via Text
- Getting Page Status Updates Via Text
- More Features Coming Soon
- Interesting Conversion Rate Metrics from Adobe Students Facebook Campaign
- Strategy: What about spamming existing groups?
- Events API
- Events SEO
5. Notes and Photos
- Events API
- Events SEO
7. Status Updates
8. Share / Posted Items
9. Mini Feed and News Feed
10. Feed Importing
> Data: Latest US Facebook Age and Gender Demographics
> Recommended Strategies for Guerilla Marketers
II. Tools for Advertisers
11. Social Ads
- How Specialty Brands are Driving Sales on Facebook
12. Engagement Ads
- Summary of ad units available to Facebook advertisers
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
- Social Video Ads
- Sponsored Virtual Gifts
- Events Ads
- Pages Ads
- Polling Ads
- Advertising in the New Facebook News Feed
- Advertising on the Profile Page (and other pages)
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
13. Virtual Gifts
- The Future of Virtual Gifts on Facebook
- Scheduled & Holiday Virtual Gifts
14. Performance Ads
- Radius and Language Targeting
15. Localization Opportunities
16. Integrated Opportunities
17. Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- What eCPMs do apps charge? Data from Facebook application developers
18. Facebook Platform Application Sponsorships
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Sponsorship Resellers/Rep Firms
- Strategy: Why sponsor applications when I can sponsor Facebook itself?
19. Specialized Facebook Platform Advertising Service Providers
> Recommended Strategies for Advertisers
III. Tools for Application Developers
- Strategy: What is the Right Way to Market Through Facebook Applications?
- Strategy: Where do most new application users come from?
20. Profile Box
- 5 Things Developers May Not Know About the Facebook Redesign
- Profile Integration: Tour of New Facebook App Settings
21. Application Tabs
22. Application Info Sections
23. Designing Feed Stories
- Strategy: Designing High Performance Feed Items
- News Feed Optimization: Strategies and Techniques
24. Feeds 2.0
- Feed Forms
- Feed Clustering
- Action Links
- Policy Update: All Feed Story Calls to Action Must Now be Action Links
25. Feed Publisher
- Publishing in the Feed with Feed Comments
26. Requests / Invitations
- Policy Updates: Requiring Invites to Access Hidden Features, Offering Incentives for Invites, Ads on Profile Page Prohibited
- Strategy: Facebook’s Evolving Approach to Platform Governance
- Sending Application Invitations to Non-Facebook-Members
27. Chat Invitations
28. Facebook Notifications
- Chat Integration: Facebook Wants More Synchronous Notifications
- Policy Update: Bulk Pre-Selection Prohibited
- Spammy Affiliate Marketers Sure to be Shut Down
29. Email Notifications
- Updates: Email’s Status as Core Application Marketing Channel in Doubt
30. Application Bookmarks
31. Application Directory
32. Status Updates & Donations
33. Demographic Restrictions
34. Verification and Certification
- Great Apps Program
- Application Verification
- Data: Stats on Facebook Apps Built for International Markets
- Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
36. Analytics Tools
- List of Leading Third-Party Facebook Platform Analytics Providers
- New Metrics for Developers with Facebook Profile Redesign
37. Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook for iPhone and Connect for iPhone
39. Customer Service
40. Custom Tags
41. Open Stream
- What Does Facebook’s “Open Stream” Mean for Marketers?
> Poll: Which viral channels do Facebook users hate most about apps?
> Recommended Strategies for Application Developers
IV. Tools for Webmasters
42. Facebook Connect
- Overview: Integrating Facebook Connect with Your Website
- Related: Google Friend Connect
- Examples: 40 Sites Live with Facebook Connect Today
- Variety of Facebook Connect Plugins Now Available for Blogs and Wikis
- Citysearch: Each Item Shared Through Facebook Connect Generates 30 Clicks
43. Comments Box Widget
44. Live Feed Widget
45. Facebook Share