Your leftovers for the day:
- Are television news shows filled with a bunch of Fembots? Jack Shafer says so, and he’s rarely wrong.
- “The meaningless transparency of the public editor column.” (TNR) (And “meet” the NYTimes new Public Editor, Ali bin-Zabar)
- A day after Peter Jennings Way, the new Peter Jennings Institute for Journalists and the Constitution.
- File this under things we wished we’d never read in the Hotline: “As I curled up against my husband, I had one last thought: He could have had Pamela Anderson, but he chose me.” — George Stephanopoulos‘ wife Ali Wentworth in the new Capitol File.
- The nonprofit journalism leader Center for Public Integrity is having trouble.
- Also, and this will come as a shock to many Hill reporters, congressional flacks evidently sometimes attempt to deflect bad stories.