A few items to round out the day today:
- ABC News and other news organizations come under fire from Eric Alterman for their reporting on the CIA’s secret prisons.
- Former CBS Newsman Neil E. Strawser passed away. Capitol Hill, meanwhile, has lost longtime photographer Maurice Johnson.
- Three days after everyone else knew, Wonkgirl Ana Marie Cox explains to her readers that she’s leaving.
- CNN says Christiane Amanpour wasn’t aware that the government eavesdropped on her.
- Also a noon deadline expired today without the House GOP listening to David Brooks and replacing Rep. Bob “#1” Ney as appropriations chair. As Rodney Dangerfield might say, “Can’t get no respect around here.”